Dear Brigantine School Community:
As we enter upon the 2022-2023 school year, we are looking forward to our best year yet. Over the past two school years, we have been dealing with the uncertainties that this pandemic has presented, yet we have demonstrated numerous times as a district and a commUNITY the commitment that we have for all of our scholars and families. Your continued compassion, collaboration, and dedication to the health, welfare, and safety of others has been a shining example to other districts.
Masks are optional, 6 feet of social distancing is not required, contact tracing will not take place in schools, and scholars and staff do not need to quarantine if exposed, regardless of being vaccinated or unvaccinated.
We ask that all parents/guardians continue to screen their children at home, prior to arrival at school. Parents/guardians are responsible for keeping children home when they demonstrate any signs of illness, including fevers over 100.4 degrees. As always, we ask that you contact the main office when your child is going to be absent. Additionally, our nurses are here to help in any way they can if you have any health questions.
Our district teams have worked tirelessly over the summer to be more prepared than last year as we remain committed to improving and continuing the utmost safety for all that enter our building. Our sanitation stations, spraying and cleaning throughout the day/night, and other precautions all remain in place. We remain committed to growing on the silver linings of our learning experiences outside of the building, and utilizing many of the beautiful resources our school grounds and the island of Brigantine offers.
Additional projects that the district has been working on this summer include:
-Updated the master schedule which will allow more time in core subject courses, additional creative arts classes throughout the year for all scholars. We are also adding FLEX periods for grades K-7, and Buccaneer Time for grades 6-8, which will provide more opportunities for scholar-led commUNITY projects, as well as mental health programs, deeper dives into creative arts courses, advisory, mentorships, and much more.
- Installed all new writable and flexible desks for all scholars.
- New cafeteria furniture is ordered and scheduled to arrive in mid September.
- We updated new flooring in numerous rooms and have new cabinets being installed in select rooms based on our long range facility plan.
- We installed 2 Veterans Parking Spots.
- We have added a cybersecurity course/curriculum as an elective for 8th graders.
- We have added an American Sign Language (ASL) course/curriculum.
- We installed a new gym floor/lights/roofing.
-We updated our outside fencing and gates for security purposes.
- The Abyss (Esports Arena) is finally fully up and running for our Esports team.
- We are adding a Golf Club/Team.
- We created a ZEN DEN and Wellness team garden for mental health before, during and after school lessons and needs.
Wishing you all a safe and successful school year!
Yours in Education,
Superintendent of Schools